- ETAST, the European Taiwanese Association for Science and Technology is a registered association (eingetragener Verein) in Germany, which may be contacted through the contacts publicly advertised on the webpage https://eu-tw-sci-tech.org/
- ETCST, European Taiwanese Conference for Science and Technology, is an annual conference organized by ETAST.
- NSTC, National Science and Technology Council, is a government unit of Taiwan.
- General Chair(s), Program Chair(s), Finance Chair(s), Web Chair(s), and Registration Chair(s) of ETCST are the key organizers to organize the general matters, conference program, finance matters, conference website, and registration matters, respectively. They are appointed by ETAST to organize the corresponding edition of ETCST for a specific year.
In accordance with the EU Regulation 2018/1725 (GDPR), the ETAST and NSTC specify the following information regarding the data collected by the ETCST used to collect the necessary information of conference participants and registrants.
What information is collected
ETCST collects the following information entered by the conference participants and registrants:
- email address (required)
- billing address (required)
- first and family name (required)
- gender (required)
- institutional affiliation (required)
- country of affiliation (required)
- mean preference and constraints (required)
The ETCST may collect additional information, if published on public websites by the participants and registrants.
For what purpose the information is collected
The above information is used to prepare the your badge and dining preference during the conference. The above information is collected also for the purpose of maintaining a database of students, scientists, and engineers studying or working in the areas of interest of the ETAST. Such a database is used by the ETCST organizers to organize the conference of that year and disseminate the information related to the future editions of ETCST.
Technical means by which the information is collected
Your data is collected via WordPress.com. Your membership will be stored on the database provided by WordPress. The data is copied on a Google Drive service maintained by the ETAST Executive Board.
NSTC collects the name, institutional affiliation, and country of affiliation of participants for the purpose of financial support of ETCST.
Who sees your information
Your information may be viewed by the Executive Board members of ETAST and the General Chair(s), Program Chair(s), Web Chair(s), Finance Chair(s), and Registration Chair(s) of ETCST.
All people viewing the data agree not to share the data with any third party and to destroy the copy of data upon the termination of their appointment.
When filling the form you will receive the information you just entered by email. By following the corresponding link on the received email or by visiting again the link of the form you can verify and correct the information anytime.
Your name, institutional affiliation, and country of affiliation are collected by NSTC for the final report of ETCST to be filed in the government unit and regulated according to the Personal Data Protection Act (個人資料保護法) https://law.moj.gov.tw/LawClass/LawAll.aspx?PCode=I0050021 and the File Act (檔案法) https://law.moj.gov.tw/LawClass/LawAll.aspx?pcode=A0030134 in Taiwan.
How long your data is kept
The information is kept continuously until at most three years after the conference participation. Also, the data may be erased upon request to the Chair of the Executive Board of ETAST. The contact can be found at https://eu-tw-sci-tech.org/association-board/
The data collected by NSTC for the final report of ETCST is regulated according to the File Act (檔案法) https://law.moj.gov.tw/LawClass/LawAll.aspx?pcode=A0030134 in Taiwan.
What security measures are taken to safeguard your information
For security measures offered by WordPress and Google Drive, please refer to the corresponding pages, https://wordpress.org/about/security/ and https://support.google.com/drive/answer/10375054, respectively.
Who to contact if you have questions or complaints
In case of questions, please contact the Chair of the Executive Board of ETAST. In case of complaints, please contact the Chair of the Advisory Board of ETAST. The contact can be found at https://eu-tw-sci-tech.org/association-board/.
Regarding the data collected by NSTC for the final report of ETCST, please contact the NSTC representatives in Germany https://www.nstc.gov.tw/germany/ch